Frequently Asked Questions
Students’ Industrial Work Experience Scheme (SIWES)
Undergraduate students whose disciplines requires that they register SIWES as a course and go for attachments before they will be able to graduate
Yes, it is important you register on the student’s portal before updating your records on SIWES portal.
As soon as you register SIWES as a course on your portal
SIWES is for 6 months (24weeks), as the case may be there are some courses that has SIWES 1&2, each is for 3months which still completes it 6months
This set of students are to carry out their SIWES attachment for 52weekends
They have 18 courses but 16 to register, 2 are elective depending on the option of the B. Agric course you are studying.
Go to http://www.mylearningspace.nou.edu.ng You must have registered SIWES as a course on your students’ portal and also use your personal email address used during course registration. You can also click on the link on the University’s website.
If you have registered SIWES as a course, click on reset password, a link will be sent to your email. (Valid email address).
You have to pay a compulsory fee of N1000 only using the remitta platform www.remita.net at any bank branch to National Open University of Nigeria. Take the bank teller to your Study Centre SIWES desk officer for your logbook collection.
Bridging the gap between theories and practical. It is also a core requirement for some
Yes, but it must be an organization that engages in the core services related to your course of study. Note that the essence of SIWES is to enable students benefits of workplace experience in relation to their course of study.
No, if you do your SIWES there, it may be cancelled.
THE STUDENTS' ROLE IN SIWES
- To attend institution’s SIWES orientation programme before going on industrial attachment;
- Comply with the employers rules and regulations;
- Keep proper records of training activities and other assignments in the logbook;
- Arrange their own accommodation during the period of attachment;
- Submit Log Books, Reports and other documents related to SIWES as required by their institution at the end of the training period;
- Submit to ITF through their institution, Evaluation Form (ITF Form 8) completed by the students the employer and the institution;
- Avoid changing of place of attachment except in special circumstances and with the permission of your Centre Director and the SIWES Directorate.